Online Chemical Register (Stoffkartotek)
- ECOonline is the web-based system used at the Sars Centre for cataloguing chemicals, solutions, and safety datasheets, thereby fulfilling chemical registration requirements imposed by EU and Norwegian authorities. The datasheets found in ECOonline are automatically updated and revised by each manufacturer, import agent or seller, thus ensuring that datasheets are current and correct. If you discover old safety data sheets from manufacturer, give manufacturer feedback that they need to update.
- Grethe Underland (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the official “super-user” for EcoOnline and should be contacted with questions about the service, or visit www.ecoonline.com.
- the Department Engineer in each research group is responsible for the ECOonline database system and must register the chemicals used in their respective labs and regularly update information. Risk/substitution assessment information is mandatory for each chemical registered, and so must be clearly communicated to the individual responsible for ECOonline registration.
- All Sars Centre employees can log into EcoOnline for “read-only” access to SDS’s, risk assessments, and locations of all chemicals registered at the Sars Centre. Follow the link below to get reading access:
- Guidelines for using EcoOnline and chemical risk assessment procedures can be found on Uni Research intranett (uni.no > intranett > HMS or HSE > sec. 7.1.3)