The Sars Centre is connected to the UIB-VPN wireless lan network. This allows employees to connect their private computers to the internet via wireless lan when at Sars. The VPN-network is a sub network of the university network installed for this purposes. Employees are also able to access the Sars server and personal settings from a private laptop. Please ensure that your computer is protected against virus offences. If you do not have a reliable antivirussoftware please download the free software from the University (eTrust) and never have more than one antivirus software on your computer at a time.
Connect to the UiB-VPN
- Download the VPN dialer and install it on your computer by clicking here
- Start your wireless lan modus on your laptop and serach for open networks.
- Choose the UiB network
- Open internet explorer - a window will appear and ask for your user name and password.
- Under Propertis - choose "Employee connecting from Privnett"
- Run \\idunn.klient.uib.no\home\“login” = your user name ie. femcb. A window pops up:
User Name = uib\“login”
Password = “your password”
- To access general Sars folder run: idunn.klient.uib.no\SARS
- Do not close the small VPN window as long as you are using internet
A detailed guide on how to set up VPN on your computer can be found here